Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Week 5 (Days 29-35)


Today is actually Day 32 for Maya. Pictures taken below were at the end of last week, just as her belly started increasing in size. Since we just created her blog, this was posted mid-week, but I will be updating development of the babies every Sunday as the week begins from now until the birth(s).
DEVELOPMENT OF THE PUPPIES
Development of toes, whisker buds, and claws
Fetuses look like dogs
Gender can be determined
Eyes (previously open) now close
Fetuses grow from 18 mm - 30 mm
Organogenesis ends -- embryos are now fairly resistant to interference with development
CHANGES IN THE DAM
Swelling becomes noticeable
Loss of "tuck-up"
Weight will start to increase

Thanks to Liza Lee Miller.

7 comments:

ACDC2005 said...

November 7 is my birthday!!

hoLLy said...

i will come here for all of my puppy nipple viewing needs.

Tara D. said...

haha niiiice. :)

Grammy Staffy said...

Is she having morning sickness?
I've been there...done that.

Good luck

Tara D. said...

I don't think she is, though sometimes I'm unsure. She seems to avoid food in the morning these days, however. So maybe that's morning sickness. ??? Who knows... :)

Tonya said...

Callie so excited.. to see about it. How Fun. I love the song, just perfect.

Tiffany said...

This great, Tara. This is definitely a great lesson in the gestation of dog fetuses. Cool!!!